POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : auto-tracking [594 Kb] : auto-tracking [594 Kb] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  auto-tracking [594 Kb]
From: Paul Daniel Jones
Date: 4 Oct 2000 08:24:50
Message: <39DB2206.198A1493@psu.edu>
this little animation is not meant to be artistic in any way. it is a
test for my tracking method. A while back in p.a-u I asked about the
matrix transform. I think I have gotten a little undestanding of it.
Basically, in this scene, a turret is placed at a location determined
via the trace() command. the gun the tracks the flying yellow ball. the
gun barrel and the turret are seperate objects and are controlled
separately.

I plan to make this a real scene, so stay tuned....   :-)

-paul

--
Paul Daniel Jones

http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul